From the 25th May 2018 the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force. As a charitable trust holding personal data we are obliged to observe these regulations and the following Privacy Statement describes how we acquire this information, what we do with it and how it affects you.
WHO WE ARE
Knutsford Heritage Centre is a registered charity established to preserve and promote the history of Knutsford for the benefit of both local residents and visitors alike. It recognises that privacy is very important for those who volunteer their personal data. Accordingly we have outlined below how we collect, use, disclose and protect this information.
This statement will be periodically reviewed and revised.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Personal data collected by Knutsford Heritage Centre consists of:
- Acquisition data from those donating items to the archives and collections
- Bookings e.g. meetings, ‘Walks and talks’
- CCTV monitoring footage
- Event registrations
- Fundraising appeals
- Friends membership registration
- General research enquiries
- Larger monetary donations
- Newsletter mailings
- Sponsorship data
- Room hire registration
- Trustee contact details
This personal information may include:
- Name, title
- Postal address, email address and telephone number(s)
- Description of item/s you wish to donate
- Bank details for those making a monetary donation or sponsoring an event or responding to a fundraising appeal.
- CCTV footage
We may also hold information about contacts you have with us as a donor, volunteer or visitor. This may consist of:
- Contact preferences
- Complaint details
- Details of correspondence sent to you or received from you.
- Donor information
- Volunteer application forms
In order to ensure that the data we hold about you is accurate and up to date, we may occasionally use information sources that are in the public domain to verify your details, such as address and telephone number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect personal information when:
- You make an enquiry,
- Register for an event or hire a room
- Register to become a volunteer, Friend or donor
- Become a trustee
We will tell you when we are going to store personal information and will give you an opportunity to opt out at the time.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION: CCTV FOOTAGE
Because of the value of the merchandise in the shop and the exhibits in the galleries we operate a CCTV system under the following safeguards:
- The Knutsford Heritage Centre displays clear notices that CCTV is in operation.
- There are no cameras in the kitchen or toilet area.
- Access to the stored footage is only available to the volunteer who operates the system.
- Footage will not be shared with other organisations except when instructed to do so by the police.
- We will not disclose images of identifiable people to the media and we will not place them on the internet except if ordered to do so by the police.
- The CCTV system at Knutsford Heritage Centre records and collects footage for 28 days after which time the footage is automatically deleted.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from or about you in any of the following ways:
- To provide you with the services or information you have requested.
- To contact you regarding membership and activities of the volunteers, Friends or trustees e.g. Centre initiatives, events, meetings, newsletters,
- To contact you regarding further information on an item you have donated.
- Administrative analysis to provide a better service for volunteers, Friends, trustees and donors.
We will contact you via email, post, telephone or text unless you have told us you wish to opt out of these communications.
If you are attending one of our events we may need to pass your contact details to the event organiser but this will only be for the purpose of that event and will only be done with your permission.
We will not share, rent or sell your personal information with any third party for marketing purposes.
We do not have cookies on our website.
HOW WE WILL STORE INFORMATION
Knutsford Heritage Centre takes all reasonable measures to protect your personal data whether it is in electronic format or hard copy. When your personal information is no longer needed or you have instructed us to remove your contact details we will delete or shred your data.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THE INFORMATION ABOUT ME – SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST
You can ask if we are keeping any personal data about you and you can also request to receive a copy of that personal data. If you believe that we are holding incomplete or incorrect data about yourself and you wish to revise this, you can also contact us. This is called a Subject Access Request.
To make a Subject Access Request you will need to provide adequate proof of your identity e.g. Your passport, driving licence, before your request can be processed. This prevents unauthorised access to your personal information.
Please try to be as clear as possible about the information you are seeking.
All requests for this information should be sent to the address provided in this document
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the Knutsford Heritage Centre using this data in accordance with this GDPR Privacy Statement. If you wish to opt out at any time please contact us at:
Address: Knutsford Heritage Centre, 90a King Street, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6ED
Telephone: 01565 650506
Knutsford Heritage Centre, Registered Charity number: 1076917
The date when this Policy Statement was approved by the Trustees of Knutsford Heritage Centre: May 2018