Throughout the year The Friends organise a popular and diverse programme of fund-raising and social events.
We started 2016 with a social meal at Pastiche. The February Forum series of four Saturday talks received full audiences and included Memories of the 1950s, Vikings as game changers, Japanese influence in Art and Gardens, and Entrepreneurs and their Empires.
These will include a wine and cheese tasting evening, a visit to the Anderton Boat Lift, the AGM in October and the annual quiz on Friday 25 November.
Details of all these will be posted when dates have been finalised.
Becoming a Friend
As a Friend you will receive
- a regular newsletter
- advance notice of forthcoming events
- 10% discount on ticket prices for Heritage Centre and Friends events
The annual subscription is:
Adult: £10 per year
Joint: £15 per year
For ease of administration subscriptions are renewable in September each year. Anyone joining between April and August need only pay £5 (£7.50 joint).
We can be contacted by email at
or telephone 01565 650506
Can you help?
We are always glad of help from the Friends. Please telephone us on 01565 650506 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to offer any of the following:
- Raffle prize donation
- Give a talk or demonstration
- Help with baking and/or catering
- Display/deliver publicity material
- Help organise a fund-raising event
- Contribute an article to the newsletter
- Give occasional help at an event (i.e. stewarding, collecting tickets)
- Particular skills, interests, experience or useful contacts that you feel could benefit the Heritage Centre
- Any suggestions for events/functions/activities you would like to see organised